Did you know pumpkins are not just for carving but for eating too? Here are a few pumpkin facts to get you in the Halloween spirit and maybe improve your health.
1. 100g pumpkin = only 26 calories.
2. They can be boiled, baked, steamed and roasted – so really you have no excuse…
3. Pumpkin seeds are full of magnesium , which can reduce blood pressure and keep your heart healthy.
4. They have more potassium than a banana – make it your after work out treat!
5. Pumpkins can help you feel fuller for longer because they are full of fibre.
6. A pumpkin is technically a fruit, although many people think it is a vegetable.
So when you head down to the supermarket after Halloween, consider buying a half price pumpkin, the possibilities are endless!